For Furnace UnitsIf you are using a furnace unit at home, your HVAC contractor will:
- Look over the vent system and make sure that it works properly.
- Check the unit for soot, leaks, rust, frayed wires, and corroded electrical contacts.
- Clean the vital components of the system, including your heat exchanger, burner, etc.
- Inspect your air filter and replace it if necessary.
- Make sure that your thermostat works well to provide an adjusted indoor temperature.
For Heat Pump UnitsIf you are using a heat pump unit at home, your HVAC contractor will:
- Inspect and tackle the electrical connections in the unit.
- Make sure that the outdoor fan motor and compressor are working properly.
- Clean the air handler assembly and make sure that it works right.
- Clean your unit’s evaporator coil.
- Check the unit’s refrigerant level.
- Clear out the debris found near your unit.
- Provide sufficient lubrication to help reduce resistance, energy losses and friction.
- Clean your condensate drain and pan.