Average Cost & Money-Saving TipsAre you tired of sweating due to the scorching heat of summer? Maybe it’s time to buy a new air conditioner. But before you do some shopping, it pays off to know how to determine the costs of a new air conditioner.
HVAC Unit Average Costs
- While it’s actually impossible to determine the accurate cost of an HVAC system, you can use an average costing indicator to know how much you can expect to shell out from your budget.
- If your home measures 1,000 square foot, expect to pay somewhere between $6,000 and $12,000 for a new air central air conditioner.
- A new central furnace heater costs between $2,000 and $7,500.
- Expect to pay between $1,000 and $3,000 for the ductwork.
A/C OptionsAs mentioned earlier, several factors can increase the actual cost of a new AC installation. For instance, if you need a new thermostat, you’ll pay more than the average cost. Another factor that can affect the cost of AC installation is the Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio or SEER. This refers to the total cooling output of an AC unit during a season, measured in BTU. The higher the SEER, the better. The benefits of using AC units with higher SEER ratings are better cooling and lowered energy costs.
How to Save On a New HVACThe cost of a new HVAC is very inevitable. However, there are several ways we can do in order to cut down the cost. It’s not costly as long as you follow these money-saving HVAC buying tips.
- Take advantage of rebates from your local utility contractor or state.
- Look for off-season discounts by having your new heating or cooling unit installed during spring and summer season.
- Choose the right company. Request for several quotes, compare, and make an educated decision.